Ear Ye Ear Ye

Welcome to my blog! As I go on my bilateral cochlear implant journey, I hope to share some of my thoughts and insights. My initial stimulation (a/k/a hook-up) date is set for January 4, 2006. Enjoy!

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Day #2

Took it easy this morning – my friend, Sherry, came over while Matt went to work. I’m feeling pretty good and the anesthesia effects are pretty much gone. I’ve got my appetite back and so was able to enjoy some of the meal my friend, Kim, sent over.

The best part of today was taking a SHOWER! It felt good to take off the pressure bandage. Matt took lots of pictures and they will follow. He also said that the incision was much smaller than my first one. I can feel the skin getting tighter around the incision and sometimes that can cause a little discomfort – regular Tylenol has done the trick though.

Also, I’ve set up a website to “blog” my experience – it is basically a copy of these e-mails that I have been sending out. If you would rather not receive these individual e-mails, let me know and you can just go to the blog website when you want to get an update. This is where I’m hoping to upload all of the pictures and such. I’m also hoping to upload my stories and e-mails from my first CI surgery so that people will understand why I have pictures of squirrels. J

I figure from here on out, I won’t have much to say as I wait the 3.5 weeks until hook-up. At that point, I expect to get busy writing again!

Happy Holidays to all and I look forward to keeping in touch!

Hugs,
~ Tina ~

1 Comments:

Blogger Tina Childress said...

Hi Kim,

Thanks! I'm really enjoying putting this up. Give me contact info "off-list" and I'll send you a copy of my DVD. :)

~ tc ~

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home